Thursday 11 August 2011

Openings 15 & 16 - Caves and kids!

Well it wouldn't be right that I'd come all the way to The Edinburgh Festival and not brought my scissors, now would it! Trust me to only have a limited supply of ribbon though - Doh! Anyway, in true Unofficial Openings style, I didn't open my own show the first day I was there in Auld Reekie. I opened it, of course, on the second. I also didn't even do it at the start of the show, but about fifteen minutes in. Thanks to these lovely ladies for this little beauty

The Unofficial Opening of "Tweeting Beauty", the comedy show I am performing at Edinburgh's most haunted pub, The Banshee Labyrinth. I am not actually as fat as I appear in the photo. I was at a funny angle. YES I WAS.
Sadly Gordon Brown couldn't make it down there and I imagine The Proclaimers were probably off yodelling their way around Lithuania or something. It wasn't enough for me though. The thing about The Fringe Festival is that it's utterly frantic and you get asked to do more and more things so scissors in hand, I went off to do a Kid's show the next day and BAM! My first pre-teen unofficial opening. This photo published with permission from the parents. We don't want getting in any trouble on here, Unofficial Openers!

One of the dads in the room took the photo and I think he did a great job! This was at Mike Belgrave and Nick Coppin's "Huggers" show. A great fun blend of comedy and madness for grown ups and kids alike - a bit like Unofficial Openings, then! My thanks to Ria Lina for lending me her kid as well. Oh and yes - the photo does indeed prove that I'm not as fat as I look in the previous one so nerr. I AM NOT FAT
Make sure to check back here regularly for more Unofficial Openings! Right, I need to get more ribbon - I'm fresh out of it!

1 comment: