Thursday 17 March 2011

Opening 2 - The complicit hair salon

Well I was on a roll after my first unofficial opening so I drove very carefully to Hitchin (my engine management light was on, oh dear) and got parked up right outside my mate Felix's hair salon (Where I had devised the very concept of unofficially opening things). Unfortunately, he had buggered off to Welwyn Village so I was forced to go around to his deadly rivals and unofficially open their shop instead. At no point was controversial Libyan despot Colonel Gaddafi present. I should think he was busy. There was also no sign of Arsene Wenger, although coincidentally they both have footballing connections and sometimes get their hair cut.

This was an all-male affair as you can see. Mark the salon proprietor held one end of the ribbon. The other end was reluctantly held by his client, who was forced to not only have his trim interrupted (A trimterrupt?) but also to stand outside with a gown on. I wouldn't like you to think he was just a passing superhero.

Here's the aftermath of my unceremonial scissoring - with Mark looking disarmingly camp.  When I say this was a completely  male affair it's not strictly true - a woman took the photos - although she is a lesbian at the moment, despite our efforts.
Critics of my first opening will notice we were far closer to the entrance this time, throwing caution (And potential customers) to the wind. A woman working in the jewellers opposite had cocked her head at a funny angle at the whole thing and was laughing hysterically. I guess it was a slow day on the Elizabeth Duke. Oh and I'll let you know about the car next week on my other blog, by which time I should have taken my unofficial openings further afield! Please spread the word about my unofficial openings and if you would like me to come and unofficially open your place of work, email me here

2 comments:

  1. YOu walked right past knickers and bras shop and unofficially 'opened up' a hairdressers. Theres a joke in there somewhere.
    Love this new theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figure there's enough people unofficially opening those as it is.

    ReplyDelete