Friday 18 March 2011

Indoor opening!

Well it was only  a matter of time... my first indoor opening... This time at Maes Manor in Blackwood, South Wales, with the help of Kate's 30th birthday party...

I had tried to unofficially open the start of the show but the old bloke on the front messed up the photograph by managing to only get me in it so I had to unofficially open the first interval instead, with the help of lots of lovely young Welsh ladies and a far younger man on snapper duty.

It was a really good fun gig. Neither Dylan Thomas nor Catherine Zeta Jones were there but never mind that -  I know what you're thinking: "Oh yes, Paul but where were the audience? Just to prove it really happened - Here they are...

Some of these people actually were pleased with the whole thing...
I don't know what to say about this, other than I  was going to unofficially open Leigh Delamere services on the way down to our favourite principality but their burgers were so astronomically expensive I refused on principle, got back in the car and left. Also - the initial photo mess up led to this also being my first "double ribboner" which has meant I might be back in the haberdasher's a day earlier than expected. The trials of an unofficial opener! 

If YOU would like me to unofficially open something, please email me here and I'll try and sort it out, within reason. My proper blog is here

No comments:

Post a Comment